Low Carb Braised Beef Stew. This braised beef stew is like your slouch jumper of Winter. Gorgeously tender, melt in the mouth beef packed with lots of chunky low carb veg all bubbling happily in a sauce quite frankly I want to drink! This low carb beef stew is thick and chock full of vegetables.
This recipe for Low-Carb Beef Bourguignon Stew can be made in an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker. I've altered this traditional French stew recipe so it can be part of a low-carb, keto, Atkins, diabetic, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting Diet. A rich low carb beef stew recipe featuring meltingly tender beef and perfectly cooked vegetables. You can have Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- It’s of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- Prepare of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Brown Onions – sliced.
- Prepare of Bay leaves.
- Prepare of Crushed Garlic.
- You need of Smoked Paprika.
- You need of Coriander Powder.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes.
- You need of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare of Beef Stock.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Red Radishes.
- You need of Celery (roughly chopped).
- You need of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
Your ketogenic diet just got better. The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes. This simple savory-sweet tender chunks of beef is very easy to cook. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
For the low and slow step, I prefer the oven as it is more forgiving (no checking to make sure the bottom doesn't scorch) and I think it cooks more evenly. dairy-free. low-carb. The spice blend in this healthy beef stew recipe–cinnamon, allspice and cloves–may conjure images of apple pie, but the combo is a great fit in savory applications too. Reviews for: Photos of Slow-Cooker Braised Beef with Carrots & Turnips. Simmer this classic dish low and slow for tender meat and plenty of flavor. Slice carrot and celery thinly and add halfway through.