Coconut Macaroons. Begin by combining the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and If you'd like to dip the macaroons in chocolate, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. How To Make the Best Coconut Macaroons. Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, a good coconut macaroon is an irresistible thing.
These coconut macaroon cookies earned me a first-place ribbon at the county fair. They remain my husband's favorites—whenever I make them to give away, he always asks me for some, too! Master these sweet and addictive coconut macaroons for Passover or Easter. You can have Coconut Macaroons using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- You need 1/3 of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of dried coconut flakes.
- You need 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 tsp of water.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
There was quite a bit of difference in texture and taste. Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. The macaroons I had in Cambria were lighter than mine. The ingredients in coconut macaroons are very simple.
Coconut Macaroons instructions
- In the mixing bowl add flour, coconut flakes and salt. Mix and make a hole in the middle..
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract in the middle and stir..
- Add the water and continue stirring until even..
- Place a parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Use a tablespoon to make the shape and drop on the cookie sheet..
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes..
You need the following items Coconut Macaroons Recipe & Video. Coconut Macaroons are all about the sweet flavor of dried coconut, and the contrast of a crispy exterior to a soft and chewy interior. These sweet and simple cookie mounds require only five ingredients! Lightly toast them in the oven and bonus points if you dip them in dark chocolate! Coconut macaroons tend to be rather chewy affairs.