Simple Faux KFC Fried Chicken.
You can have Simple Faux KFC Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Faux KFC Fried Chicken
- You need 600 grams of Chicken (your choice of cut, such as wings or breast with bone).
- You need of For the brine:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Raw cane sugar.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic (grated).
- You need 1 of leaf Bay leaf (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
- It’s of For the crispy skin (adjust according to the amount of chicken):.
- You need 4 tbsp of or more ★Plain flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of or more ★ Cornstarch (or katakuriko).
- It’s 1 of very small amount ★Baking powder (preferably aluminium-free).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★Allspice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Carbonated water, or beer (if you don' have any, add a small amount of vinegar to water).
Simple Faux KFC Fried Chicken instructions
- Combine the brine ingredients and the meat in a plastic bag and lightly massage from the outside of the bag until the salt and sugar are absorbed (double-bagging reduces the chance of tearing the bag)..
- Once the meat has absorbed the juices, open the bag, press out the air, seal the bag and set in the refrigerator overnight. By the following day, the meat should completely absorb the water and become heavy..
- Bake or fry the meat for a juicy finish! You can also make delicious and juicy chicken sauté or hamburger..
- To prepare the coating, combine the meat chopped into chunks and the coating ingredients in a new bag and massage very well from the outside of the bag until the coating has covered the meat..
- Generously coating the meat will produce a result close to the signature KFC flavor. Since the recipe uses carbonated water, you'll only need a pinch of baking powder!.
- Fry well in oil over medium heat. Increase the heat once the frying sound quiets down and the bubbles reduce in size. Once the coating becomes crunchy, it's ready to serve!.
- Make together with faux KFC biscuits!You can't beat the combo of freshly baked biscuits and chicken!.
- Also check out my recipe for delicious french friesThey'll change your entire outlook on french fries!.