chicken pot pie. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts.
Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! Homemade Chicken Pot Pie could be the king of all comfort foods, and this homemade version is a guaranteed family favorite! I use a homemade pie crust for my chicken pot pie. You can have chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of chicken pot pie
- You need 1 lb of chicken tenders.
- Prepare 1 small of sweet onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, including leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed.
- It’s 1 packages of reduced fat alouette garlic & herb spread.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 dash of dry sherry.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 each of pie crusts.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
chicken pot pie step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- line pie plate with 1 crust.
- sauté chicken in olive oil. season with salt & pepper. lightly brown, then remove from pan & chop..
- deglaze pan with sherry & add onions. cook 2-3 min, then add celery, carrots, & peas. Cook 4-5 min, until carrots are just tender. stir in cheese spread & return chicken to pan. add a little milk if the mixture is too thick. heat until warmed through..
- pour into crust lined pie plate. top with second crust, crimping edges & poking a few holes in top..
- bake in 400 oven for 30 minutes, until crust is golden. let cool a bit before slicing. yum!.
- substitute lightly steamed broccoli florets for the peas & celery & add grated pepperjack for a fun twist!.
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Here's a from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate. Chicken pot pie is just so good.