You can cook Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Shortening or Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sifted All-Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Mashed Ripe Banana.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Walnuts (Optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chocolate Chips (optional).
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350..
- Cream together the shortening or butter and sugar; add eggs and beat well. Sift together the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternating with the banana, blend well after each addition. Stir in nuts (optional)..
- Pour into a well greased 9x5x3 loaf pan; sprinkel with nutmeg and bake for 45- 50 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wrack..