Chicken pesto pasta salad. This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house.
Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more! The combination of flavors in this pesto chicken salad is seriously to-die-for! It's so easy to throw together and can be eaten as both a main or side dish. You can have Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- Prepare 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- It’s 1 of medium sliced onion.
- It’s 2 large of chicken breasts.
- It’s 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- It’s 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of pesto.
This recipe for chicken & red pesto pasta salad is a wonderful, flavorful dish that's easily prepared ahead for picnics or backyard barbecues. As soon as the warm weather hits, I start creating new versions to make for picnics, days at the beach and backyard barbecues. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated.
Chicken pesto pasta salad instructions
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top! Pesto chicken pasta salad is one of my summertime staples. This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables. You can use your favorite vegetables in this simple salad. Cook the pasta following pack instructions.