Broccoli Cheese Soup.
You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- You need 2 small of onions.
- You need 2 head of of broccoli chopped into small pieces.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic crushed.
- You need 2 of Carrots chopped into small pieces.
- You need 1 of Oil or butter (enough to saute veggies).
- It’s 4 cup of Warm milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Butter.
- You need 3 cup of Shredded cheese (I like sharp cheddar).
- You need 4 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of as needed Salt/pepper.
Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- Add onions, garlic and carrots and saute until tender. Then add broccoli and saute for another minute. Add your chicken stock and cover pot and boil for about 10mins (until broccoli is tender) – this is also a good time to warm your milk.
- In another pot melt butter and add flour to make a roux. Cook for about 2mins then add warm milk and whisk until mixture thickens. Add your salt and pepper.
- As soon as the roux thickens add the mixture to your veggies and stir. Add your shredded cheese. I also add salt and pepper at this time if needed.
- Sometimes my soup is still a bit loose then what I would like so I make a mixture of flour and cold water and add to the soup to thicken up. Or you can keep it as is.
- Keep the pot on low and let simmer for about 15-20 mins. Enjoy:).