Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach.
You can have Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 pound of ground turkey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 oz of orzo pasta.
- You need 8 oz of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon.
Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach step by step
- Sauté the finely minced garlic in olive oil for a minute, stirring.
- Add the ground turkey, cook and break apart with a spatula..
- Add the wine and cook a couple minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the spices, chicken broth and pasta. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Cover the pot and let cook 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to your liking…stirring occasionally. Taste to see that your pasta is cooked and the liquid isn’t completely evaporated. Add more chicken broth or a little milk so you have a creamy sauce. (Like a risotto).
- Add the spinach and cook a minute until the spinach wilts down. Take the pot off the heat and stir in the butter, Parmesan and lemon juice..
- Serve and enjoy! Bon appetite.