broccoli and cheese soup. For years, I wished that I could duplicate the broccoli and cheese at Chili's, where I worked in college. But since it wasn't made at the restaurant, I couldn't. Watch the video, plus check the tips for the best broccoli cheddar soup ever.
Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! As the weather is getting cooler, it's the perfect soup to warm up and leftovers are great to pack for lunch. You can have broccoli and cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of broccoli and cheese soup
- Prepare of base.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 32 oz of frozen broccoli.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of seasoning salt, plus more to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of each black and white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 quart of half and half.
This flavorful soup is made without heavy cream, milk or flour—or even vegetable broth. What to Serve with Broccoli Soup. This soup is a light meal on its own, or would make a proper meal with a sandwich or crisp salad. Jack loves cheesy broccoli soup (and most cheesy things, to be honest), so we were both excited to take on the challenge.
broccoli and cheese soup step by step
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, olive oil, and half and half.
- Add seasoning salt and pepper..
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, continuing to stir until cheese is melted and evenly distributed among the soup.
- Stir in garlic powder.
- In another bowl, slowly add cornstarch to water, stirring.
- Add mixture to soup slowly, stirring until an even consistency is achieved.
This recipe is not to be confused with cream of broccoli soup. This version – broccoli cheese soup – is thicker, richer, and more cheese-like. No need to go out to a well known bread company, this copycat broccoli cheddar soup is incredibly smooth, rich, and full of great broccoli cheese flavors! Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of our favorite quick and easy meals any time of year! Perfect for lunch, or an easy weeknight dinner with salad and loaf of french bread.