Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling. This riff on the Thanksgiving favorite combines a traditional pumpkin pie filling with swirls of sweetened cream cheese. And since it's only Thanksgiving once a year, we've topped it all off with a buttery spiced-pecan topping. This easy pie recipe will please anyone at your table this holiday.
This dreamy Pecan Pie Cheesecake is the perfect Thanksgiving treat. Classic pecan pie and creamy cheesecake makes a tasty twist of two traditional treats! Cheesecake Stuffed Pecan Pie has a crunchy sweet pecan pie top layer and a creamy cheesecake bottom layer. You can cook Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling
- Prepare 4 of Rolled pie crusts (Pillsbury).
- You need 16 oz of Cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia).
- It’s 1 of & 1/4 Cup Sugar.
- You need 5 large of eggs.
- It’s 3 tsp of Vanilla But and Nut Extract (McCormick).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 4 cup of Chopped pecans.
- It’s 1 cup of Light Corn Syrup (Karo).
It's a perfect dessert for the holidays! Beat this together with an electric mixer until it's well combined. For a traditional cheesecake you would want to beat the cream cheese and sugar. Toasted coconut, nuts and caramel sauce top a cream cheese layer in this special pie from Mildred Troupe of Wartrace, Tennessee.
Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll two of the pie crusts together and press into large pie dish. Krimp edges and remove excess. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust to prevent air pockets. Repeat this step with a second pie dish. (Recipe makes two pies).
- In large bowl combine one of the 8 oz packages of cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour mixture into pie crust and use a spatula to distribute evenly. Repeat this step with the second pie crust..
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the chopped pecans on top of each pie (Use a total of 4 cups chopped pecans). Make sure to leave about 1/8th of an inch for the glaze..
- In a separate bowl, stir to combine 1 cup corn syrup, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. (Don't use an electric mixer or it will add air to the glaze and make it foamy). This glaze will be divided and used for both of the pies. You might not use all of the glaze and be sure not to add too much or it will make the pie runny..
- Use a spoon to slowly drizzle the glaze over the pie until you have an even coat of about 1/8th an inch thick. If you add it too fast you will displace the pecan. Repeat this step for the second pie..
- Bake both pies on the center rack for about 50 – 55 minutes. The crust usually cracks slightly and you want a nice golden brown color. Let cool for about an hour. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled..
The cream cheese in the pie crust for this recipe brings something new to traditional pecan pie. Solve the mystery when you taste the smooth cream cheese filling hiding under the rich pecan filling in this extra-special pie. The cream cheese pastry is mixed, rolled into balls and each pressed into the bottom and sides of tiny tart pans. The pecan filling is spooned in and the pies baked until the filling is set. Share: Rate this Recipe Spread cream cheese mixture in unbaked pie shell.