skye's rich and moist banana bread. Easy and moist banana bread recipe that's golden on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside. Today I was craving banana bread but I wanted it to be EVERYTHING that these two recipes had. I wanted that old fashioned cinnamon-brown sugar-banana flavor, I wanted it to have that slight crunch.
It's moist and dense and full of flavor. I made a batch shared a few slices with my friends and they could not believe it was "healthy". This recipe is a keeper for sure and I'm sure your family will love it as much as we do! You can cook skye's rich and moist banana bread using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of skye's rich and moist banana bread
- You need 4 medium of ripe bananas, mashed.
- You need 1/3 cup of applesauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 3/4 cup of regular sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I'll take banana bread over fruit cake any day). Moist banana bread can melt in your mouth and this recipe proves it. This is my mother's recipe with a few tweaks here and there to make it mine.
skye's rich and moist banana bread instructions
- this recipe will make one bundt "cake" pan or 2 loaf pans of banana bread.
- pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- grease and flour your pan(s), bottom and sides.
- hand mix in a large bowl – bananas, shortening, applesauce, sugars, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- add – flour (2 cups), baking powder and baking soda. stir well..
- add – milk in gradually. then throw nuts in with remaining flour..
- bake on center rack for 45 – 60 minutes… or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. being careful not to over-bake..
- let cool completely on a cooling rack..
- slice… eat plain as is. or… top with a simple powdered sugar drizzle, whipped cream, or even a small scoop of vanilla ice cream..
- for the powdered sugar drizzle, what you will need is 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar, 1-2 tsp vanilla, and 2-3 tbsp milk. whisk together. .. and then using a fork… "drizzle" it over top of your bread..
My daughter told me years ago that it is perfect, so I know that I've hit the nail on the head. Paleo Banana Bread is super moist, delicious and easy to make. Fresh from the oven banana bread that smells out your entire kitchen with ALL the delicious smells is quite possible one of the best things in the world. Don't toss those really Ripe Bananas and follow this recipe to achieve a MOIST AND RICH BANANA BREAD that's literally just like cake. How to make Banana nut bread using a muffin tin.