Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch. Use it to top pasta noodles, or layer in lasagna. As the name suggests, Bolognese sauce originated in Bologna, Italy. It is a thick meat sauce made with ground beef or a combination of ground meat such as pork.
This easy recipe doesn't take long, but. This homemade bolognese sauce is amazing! It goes so well with all of your favorite pasta dishes! You can have Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch
- It’s 1 of brown onion.
- You need 5 stalks of garlic.
- It’s 4 sticks of celery.
- You need 2 pieces of Carrot.
- Prepare 800 gr of fresh ripe tomatoes.
- You need of Thyme.
- You need leaves of Bay.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Himalayan salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Try your hand at this delicious Bolognese Sauce Recipe to dazzle your spaghetti loving friends and family. Try more delicious recipes with Schwartz. This fantastic recipe for classic Bolognese Sauce, will show you how delicious and rich this dish can be if cooked from scratch and given the time to. Serve this bolognese sauce over spaghetti, layer it into a lasagna (as is traditional), or serve it with any other kind of pasta.
Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch instructions
- Finely chop onion, garlic, celery and carrots for sofrito.
- Coarsely cut tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot (i am using a cast iron Dutch oven, is for better simmering process) place the sofrito In then stir well till the aroma come out and the colour become translucent put in the mince beef (I used 3⭐️beef because we need the fat for a great taste or 4/5⭐️ for rather lean meat but you won’t get the same taste) keep stirring using wooden spoon till the mince turned to brown. Then put tomatoes in and salt Then add water in..
- Stir gently then add bay leaves, oregano and thyme. Bring down the heat into very low. Cover the pot leave it simmer for 2 hrs. Check once a while and stir gently..
- Sauce ready to serve.
I particularly like serving it with rotini or campanelle because the little folds are great for catching bits of sauce. For a gluten-free dish, bolognese is also fantastic scooped on top of polenta. All you need is a few simple pantry ingredients to make this easy homemade Enchilada Sauce! This recipe is healthier than what you would buy at the store, and much lower in sodium. Fettucine and Bolognese sauce from scratch.