Broccoli and Pea Soup with Chorizo and Cheddar Cheese.
You can cook Broccoli and Pea Soup with Chorizo and Cheddar Cheese using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Pea Soup with Chorizo and Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets (about 150-200g).
- Prepare 140 g of peas.
- Prepare 25 g of basil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion – sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped.
- It’s 400 ml of vegetable stock (can be made with bouillon powder).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt + pepper.
- It’s 100 g of chorizo (optional).
- You need 50 g of cheddar cheese, shredded (optional).
Broccoli and Pea Soup with Chorizo and Cheddar Cheese instructions
- In a deep soup pot, heat up some olive oil. Fry the onions and garlic until lightly brown, then add in the broccoli, peas, and basil. Cover and stir occasionally for about 10 minutes..
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Then let it simmer for 20 minutes..
- When the broccoli is tender, remove the pot from the hob. Let the soup cool briefly before pureeing with hand blender (or blend in batches in a free standing blender).
- Return the pureed soup to a clean pan to heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the chorizo and cheddar if desired, or perhaps some homemade croutons!.