Goan pork. Goan Pork Vindaloo cooked with garlic, vinegar and chilli. This delicious dish comes from the city of Goa and is popular Goan Pork Vindaloo. Spicy pork cooked with dried chillies, garlic and vinegar.
Goan Pork Aad Maas Recipe ► An authentic goan spicy pork aad maas (pork ribs). The recipe for this classic Indian dish gets pleasing tang from tamarind and rich spice from a mix of chiles, black pepper, cinnamon, and cardamom. Goan pork recipes are a must try for all pork lovers. You can cook Goan pork using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goan pork
- You need 800 g of pork loin.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground ginger or 3 cm grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of large onion finely diced.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken/ pork/ vegetable stock.
Read our pages on Goan pork recipes and Probably the only way Indians like their pork, this fiery Goan delight will set your mouth on fire with. Sorpotel, that quintessential Pork dish that is part of almost every single Goan gathering, be it a Birthday, Wedding, Christmas or even just a Sunday family gathering. Goan Pork Vindaloo / Vindalho and Goan Pork Sorpotel are most loved and cherished pork preparations. The wonderful gems from the treasure trove of Goan Cuisine which is influenced by the.
Goan pork instructions
- Slice the pork loin into 1-2 cm chunks. Place the pork into a bowl, add the garlic, ginger and salt. Then cover with cling film and place in the fridge to marinade for a minimum of 1 hour..
- Fry the onion and chilli until soft. Add the pork, marinade, turmeric, cumin and pepper. Sear the pork but do not cook through..
- Add the stock until the pork is covered. Top up with water if necessary. Bring the pork to the boil and then reduce the heat until gently simmering..
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the mixture has reduced to a rich and thick sauce. Probably 1-2 hours if cooking in the hob without a lid. OR after step 3 transfer to a casserole dish, cover with the lid and place in a pre heated oven at 160C for 3-4 hours. Until a rich and thick sauce has formed..
- Serve with rice or warm bread and enjoy..
Pork pickle is Goan pickled pork meat which is a Goan delicacy. This pickle (fish, prawn or meat) has to be spicy, sweet and tangy at the same time. It is usually had as a pickle along with rice and curry. Historically this Pork dish is cooked with plenty of wine vinegar and garlic This dish was brought to Goa by the Portuguese and soon became a popular Goan dish often served during special occasions. Add pork and cook until brown all over.