Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon.
You can have Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon
- It’s 1/2 lb of bacon.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion- diced.
- It’s 1 cup of medium to long grain white rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of chili power.
- You need 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of (approximately) water.
Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon instructions
- Dice the bacon & fry in skillet until crispy.
- Remove cooked bacon but leave the bacon grease. You may need to remove some of the bacon grease, you only want enough to coat the rice & onion.
- Add diced onion and rice to bacon grease.
- On medium heat brown the rice to a golden brown. Stirring to brown as evenly as possible.
- Add chili powder, stir in and let cook a few minutes, the longer you let it heat the more depth to the flavor..
- Add Rotel Tomatoes – undrained.
- Add water – about 1 2/3 cup since the Rotel has about 1/3 cup liquid.
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat to simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is done. About 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle crispy bacon on top and serve.