Citrus Chicken Burrito. Trim any visible fat from the chicken. Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of the chicken.
Baja citrus chicken burritos on my Blackstone Griddle. Thinly slice the chicken breasts on a bias. Thank you for your nice comment on my page. You can cook Citrus Chicken Burrito using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Citrus Chicken Burrito
- You need 1 1/2 of lbs. Chicken Breasts, boneless/skinless.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Lime Zest.
- Prepare 1 of Lime, juiced.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Orange Zest.
- Prepare 1 of Orange, juiced.
- You need 1/4 C. of Honey.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeño, deseeded & minced.
- Prepare 1/3 C. of Onion, minced.
- You need 1 tsp. of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Salt / Pepper.
- You need 2 Tbs. of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Cornstarch.
- It’s 6 of Tortillas.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Canned Cannellini Beans, rinsed.
- It’s 1 1/2 C. of Tomato, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Skip to Citrus Chicken and Bean Burritos content. Explore best places to eat chicken burritos in Citrus Heights and nearby. Check prices of vegetarian burrito and mexican burritos. Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos – Lovely Little Kitchen.
Citrus Chicken Burrito step by step
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken. Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of the chicken..
- In a small bowl, mix together lime zest, lime juice, orange zest, orange juice, honey, jalapeño, onion & garlic. Then pour this mixture over the chicken..
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. While chicken is in slow cooker, shred chicken. In a small dish, mix together water and cornstarch. Then add cornstarch slurry to the chicken in the slow cooker. Mix well..
- Cover and cook on low for another hour. When done, lay out 6 tortillas. On each put ¼ C. beans, then divide the chicken among each tortilla. On top of chicken, top each with ¼ C. tomato and then ¼ C. cheese. Roll up and enjoy!!.
How about sweet and spicy shredded chicken wrapped up in a crispy, crunchy baked tortilla with some Cilantro Lime Cream for dipping? These authentic chicken burritos are the real deal. Topped with pico de gallo, chipotle crema, guacamole, soured cream and cheese, guests won't be dissapointed. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. This juicy, zesty chicken stars in many of my family's summer meals.