Bacon Roasted Butternut Squash. Whether you're still on the hunt for an easy Thanksgiving side dish or just need inspiration for a simple weeknight meal, you've How To Roast Butternut Squash. Other than butternut squash soup, roasting butternut squash with bacon is our favorite way to utilize this winter squash. For this recipe, we're roasting the squash with bacon, brown erythritol (we use Swerve), Dijon mustard, garlic, and a few spices.
Roasted Butternut Squash – Great Holiday Side Dish. This side dish is perfect for a holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Eve. Last year when I made it for a family gathering, everyone enjoyed it and they wanted to know the recipe. You can have Bacon Roasted Butternut Squash using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Roasted Butternut Squash
- It’s 1 medium of butternut squash.
- Prepare 8 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic salt (or powder or 2 tbsp minced garlic).
- You need of Salt & pepper.
In a large kettle over high heat, add the roasted vegetables and bacon with the sage, garlic, chicken broth and white wine. Roasted Butternut Squash is delicious enough to eat on its own as a side, or can be used as a starting point for If you've never had simply roasted butternut squash cubes before, prepare to be amazed by how delicious it can be. With only squash, oil, and a little salt and pepper, it doesn't seem. Add the cubed butternut squash, pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to the large bowl with the bacon fat.
Bacon Roasted Butternut Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Chop bacon into small pieces and cook until crisp. Drain keeping the grease drippings to coat the squash in..
- Saute onions (& garlic if using minced) in 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved grease. Drain again and mix with the bacon..
- Peel and chop squash into 1/2" cubes. Toss in a bit of the reserved bacon grease to coat..
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until fork tender. Toss with bacon onion mixture. Season to taste with garlic and salt & pepper..
- Note: if I'd have had some on hand, I would have used a couple of tablespoons of minced garlic sauted with thebonion instead of the garlic powder. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346698-bacon-chicken-bake.
Mix together to coat the squash well. Made this for Christmas dinner with roasted pork loin and a Norwegian sweet/sour cabbage w/apples concoctiion. One of the steps calls for roasting the butternut squash in bacon grease and during testing and I kept running into a problem with the recipe. Every time I made it, the squash would come out of the oven so pretty and roasted, and a little charred around the edges, and I would want to eat it all instead of. Brussel sprouts, butternut squash, and bacon make a perfect holiday side dish.