Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup. Unlike a lot of butternut squash soups, this one isn't overly sweet. I don't like when squash soups taste more like dessert than dinner. The only sweetener in the soup are the natural ones coming from the butternut squash and pumpkin.
This soup is a great meal for those cold nights in fall and winter. Enjoy this yummy soup made with pumpkin and butternut squash. This recipe make a lot, so you can freeze some for an easy lunch or dinner down the road. You can cook Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare of pumpkin pie.
- It’s of Butternut squash.
- You need 1 of Potato large.
- You need 2 – 3 of Carrots.
- Prepare half of Onion.
- It’s 3 tsps of Curry powder.
- Prepare of Coconut milk.
- Prepare Half and half of (optional).
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
We're talkin' a fireside candle burning, fall playlist on the speaker, inaugural pumpkin roll of the season baking in the oven I first shared this butternut squash soup recipe back on the blog four years ago, but thought it was worth bumping it. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. Butter or olive oil for brushing.
Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Chop pumpkin and squash in half and scrape seeds out. Roast in oven for 30-40 min on foil lined cookie sheet..
- Meanwhile in a large pot sauté onion, potato and garlic. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic salt..
- Add 2 quarts vegetable broth and simmer until potatoes are soft. Add curry powder..
- Remove squash from oven when tender. Let cool or handle with an oven mitt to remove squash from shell..
- Blend squash, potatoes and broth together, slowly. I use a blender but a food processor works too. If the consistency is too thick, add more broth..
- Serve with coconut milk or half and half..
Remove from heat and then puree soup in a blender until smooth. For a chunkier soup, set aside some of the veggies to incorporate after the rest of the soup. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well.