Meatball & Barley Soup FC. Find all the ways to make these little globes of deliciousness including Swedish meatballs, meatball sliders, turkey meatballs, and more. For generations, home cooks have relied on this classic meatball recipe for its infallibility and ease—and when we say they're easy, we really mean it. Meatballs are tasty balls of minced beef or lamb.
A simple tomato sauce with lots of flavour is perfect for spaghetti and meatballs. These are the best oven baked meatballs! So easy to make, juicy and flavorful. You can have Meatball & Barley Soup FC using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball & Barley Soup FC
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 medium of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery, washed & diced.
- You need 1 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, finely diced.
- It’s 6 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of barley.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of plus parmesan cheese for garnish(optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans or cannellini beans (15.5oz) drained & rinsed.
- You need 8 cup of rough chopped escarole ( a type of endive/lettuce).
Add meatball to one of your lists below, or create a new one. These classic Italian-American style meatballs are huge and pillowy soft! They're mixed with ground beef and pork, loaded with herbs and cheese, and served with a traditional tomato sauce. Make your nonna proud. meatball (plural meatballs).
Meatball & Barley Soup FC step by step
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine to remind me what it looks like….
- in a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. add carrots, celery and onion. cook about 8 minutes. stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. add broth,water and barley. bring to a boil..
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 25 minutes..
- meanwhile.. mix together ground pork, the parsley, 1/4 of the parmesan, 1/4tsp. of the salt and 1/4tsp. of the pepper..
- roll pork mix into 30 meatballs, about 1tbl. big each..
- drop meatballs into soup. stir in beans. return to a simmer and cook 5 minutes..
- stir in remaining parmesan,salt and pepper. stir in escarole..
- cook a few minutes more until meatballs are fully cooked..
- ladle into bowls and garnish with grated parmesan cheese if desired..
- Nutritional facts according to family circle magazine: serves 6: per serving: 450 calories; 17g. fat; 6g. sat. fat; 23g. protein; 51g. carbs; 13g. fiber; 772mg sodium; 46mg. cholesterol.
I prefer spaghetti with meatballs instead the meat all crumbled in with the sauce. (slang) A stupid person. (baseball) An easy pitch to hit. While I'm all for continuing to expose our kids to what we want them to eat My whole family loves these easy meatballs, kids and parents both, and I love that we all get an extra. Meatball is a community of active practitioners striving to teach each other how to organize people using online tools. Members here are engaged with building or caring for communities, community. These homemade meatballs are juicy, soft, and full of flavor.