Nerikiri Wagashi: "紫陽花 Ajisai (Hydrangea)".
You can cook Nerikiri Wagashi: "紫陽花 Ajisai (Hydrangea)" using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nerikiri Wagashi: "紫陽花 Ajisai (Hydrangea)"
- Prepare 20 g of Shiro-an (White Kidney bean paste with sugar).
- Prepare 40 g of Nerikiri-dough.
- You need of Please refer to "Example: how to make a Dough for Nerikiri-Wagashi (with wheat flour)" or "Nerikiri-dough (with rice flour)".
- Prepare 0.5 of gAgare-powder.
- It’s 30 of gGranulated sugar.
- You need 50 of mlWater.
- You need of ＋ Food colorings.
Nerikiri Wagashi: "紫陽花 Ajisai (Hydrangea)" instructions
- Ingredients for 2.
- Utenciles for making the shape.
- ［Make colored Kanten (agar) for petals］ ①Put the water into a pan. ②Add the agar. ③Mix them well. ④Heat it up on a medium flame to boiling. ⑤Turn down the flame. Simmer it for 2min..
- Add the Granulated sugar. Mix them on medium flame. Turn off the flame when the sugar melt completely..
- ①Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat place. ②Put the purple food coloring into a table spoon. ③Dissolve it with a little hot water. ④Mix them well..
- ①Add 1Tbsp of Kanten (agar) liquid which you made No4. ②Mix them well. ③Put the colored liquid on the sheet of plastic wrap. ④Do the same thing with the blue color. Leave it several minutes. *Kanten (agar) liquid becomes hard at room temperature, so please do No.5 & No.6 quickly!.
- ①Leave it several minutes then it gets hard. ②③Cut it into around 5㎜ square pieces. ④Separate them by color and keep them..
- ［Colorize the Nerikiri dough for leaves］ ①Knead the dough. ②Add a little water into a green coloring. ③Dissolve it in the water. ④Put it on the Nerikiri dough. ⑤Knead and mix them..
- ［Make a Ajisai (Hydrangea) flower］ Make the green dough round. Make 3 ditches form the bottom to the top. (Put 2 ditches with the opposite angle and divide one half into 2.) Pinch each leaf to make pointed ends of 3 leaves..
- Press & stretch each leaf to periphery side. Make a round dent in the center..
- Make 1 line on the center of the each leaf. Put several short lines on sides of them.
- Put the "shiro-an" in the center dent. Cover it with colored Kanten(agar) pieces..