Tater-tots. Homemade Tater Tots – Say goodbye to those frozen bags of tater tots. How to make tater tots at home without frying. These homemade tater tots are baked, not fried so they are easy.
Homemade Tater Tots is featured in this easy, kid pleasing recipe. ►►►►TATER TOTS TOOLBAG ◄◄◄◄ Oven Thermometer. While frozen tater tots are super easy to pop in the oven, most are full of processed ingredients. Homemade tater tots are incredibly delicious and, of course, a million times tastier than frozen ones. You can cook Tater-tots using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tater-tots
- It’s 2 pounds of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s As needed of peanut oil to fry in.
Tater tots are a favorite fast food side, but they're also a versatile ingredient you can use at home to create some deliciously over-the-top breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. They are especially common in the United States, where they often appear in school lunches and at fast food restaurants. Tater Tot Hotdish is a quick and easy comfort food staple recipe all over the Midwest! This hotdish is full of meat, veggies, soup, cheese, and topped with tater tots for a super satisfying meal!
Tater-tots step by step
- Peel the potatoes. Cut each potato in half. Add to the water and bring to a boil..
- Let it actually boil 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and water. Let it cool and grate the potatoes. Add the shredded potatoes to a bowl..
- Add the tablespoon of flour to the potatoes. Add salt and mix well. Add dusting flour to a laid out piece of parchment paper..
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Take a handful of the potato mixture, roll out the mixture into a sausage shaped roll, on the flour. Cut the roll into tot sized pieces..
- When you have all the pieces made fry in the hot oil. Fry in batches for 3 minutes till crispy. Set on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Here is the choice, they can either be frozen, single layer till they are hard. After frozen and hard put into a ziploc freezer bag for future use. Or put into the hot oil and fry till crunchy and delicious. Fry in batches and move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil again. As they come out season with salt and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Sweet potato tots, spaghetti squash tots, tofu tots, and more! Satisfy your cravings with these Cheesy bacon topped tater tots. As far as these Tater Tots are concerned, I seriously can't describe how good these are…. these little balls of crunchy potato goodness. Handmade Tater Tots…. without using a single drop of oil? Please don't tell me I'm the only And sometimes, the leftover creation can be even better than the original dish!