Homemade sweet potato pie.
You can cook Homemade sweet potato pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade sweet potato pie
- You need 2 cup of sweet potatoes( 2 medium potatoes should do it).
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Homemade sweet potato pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and fill with water just until it covers them. Bring to a boil and boil for 45 -50 minutes or until tender.
- When done, let cool and then remove the skin. It should peel off very easily.
- Place peeled sweet potatoes in a bowl and break it up with a fork.
- Use a mixer to mix the sweet potatoes until smooth and creamy..
- Add in butter and mix to combine..
- Add in sugars, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and flour. Beat until mixture is smooth..
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 55-60 minutes..
- Let cool on the counter for about 30 minutes and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to fully set..