Piri Piri Spiced Sweet Potato and Leek Soup.
You can cook Piri Piri Spiced Sweet Potato and Leek Soup using 29 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Piri Piri Spiced Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
- It’s of For the Soup.
- Prepare 5 of Sweet Potatoes Medium Sized , Peeled and Cubed.
- You need 4 of Leeks , Washed and Sliced.
- It’s 6 1/2 of Celery ” Stalks of , Washed, Peeled and Sliced.
- It’s 6 Cloves of Garlic of , Minced.
- Prepare 8 Cups of Vegetable Stock Water or.
- You need 2 TBSs of Butter Butter + 5 TBSs Cold.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Piri Piri Spice Powder.
- It’s 1 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Gruyere Cheese Grated.
- Prepare 6 TBSs of Parsley , Finely Chopped (Hacher).
- You need of Salt Black Pepper and Freshly Ground.
- It’s 3 Tbs of Almonds Toasted Sliced.
- It’s of Cheese Crouton For the Grilled.
- It’s of Green Chutney.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro chopped fresh.
- You need 4 Teaspoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of ginger fresh , chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic , Minced.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of green chili , chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of golden raisins.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Crouton.
- It’s 8 of Sourdough Bread Slices.
- You need 2 Cups of Grated Gruyere (divided into 8 portions).
- You need 8 of Mozzarella Slices Fresh Slices (1/4’’thick).
- It’s 8 TBs of Cream Cheese.
- It’s 4 Tbs of Butter.
Piri Piri Spiced Sweet Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- For the Soup Melt 2 Tbs Butter in a Crock Pot on medium heat. Add sliced leeks, sweet potato cubes and garlic. Saute for a few minutes taking care not achieve any color to the leeks. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and Piri Piri spice powder. Add stock/water. Simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. until the vegetables are tender…..
- For Green Chutney Grilled Cheese Crouton Combine all the ingredients for the green chutney in a blender. Add a little water if the chutney is too thick. The consistency should be smooth and spreadable. Adjust salt to taste. Keep aside for service. Heat up a Sandwich Grill. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread and spread green chutney on the o….
- To Serve Using a melon baller to shape butter and keep cold for service. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with sliced toasted almonds, melon shaped cold butter and the 2” sliced grilled cheese crouton. Serve Hot..