Baked beans with attitude. Baked beans are a rich source of protein, carbohydrates and fibre. Pan-fry in oil over a medium-high heat until brown. Southern Homemade Baked Beans – easy baked beans that makes a perfect side to any dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I've made baked beans from scratch before—soaked the navy beans and everything. They just weren't as good as the ones made with pork 'n beans. Does that make me a bad person? You can cook Baked beans with attitude using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked beans with attitude
- Prepare 2 tins of Baked Beans.
- It’s 2 of largish onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Birds’ Eye chilis, chopped. Discard the seeds if you’re averse to hot 🥵 food or even use green chilis but maybe if you’re that concerned this isn’t the dish for you!.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic & ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes, also chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
Stir it together, then pour in the barbecue sauce/brown sugar mixture. The Baked beans are, as always a big hit with the fresh peaches. Our daughter had the Jack fruit BBQ and she was very satisfied and gave it an A+ rating. Once again, Chef James Kennedy and team FoodaTude.
Baked beans with attitude step by step
- Heat the oil, add the onions, chilis and salt and soften for three or four minutes until the onion is browned. Only stir if necessary to prevent sticking..
- Stir in the garam masala, garlic & ginger paste, turmeric and ground coriander and gently fry for four minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and cook for a further three or four minutes..
- Add the baked beans, stir gently but thoroughly and cook for a further five or six minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the fresh coriander and cook for a further two minutes..
- Serve piping hot with your chosen accompaniments – or in a bowl by itself..
Food with Attitude have over delivered expectations. Best Instant Pot Baked Beans Recipe: Skip the overnight bean soaking and make Pressure Cooker Baked Beans in less than an hour! When I travel I sometimes miss food from home. This got me to thinking maybe I should make my own Homemade baked beans. These are the BEST baked beans I have ever had.