Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken. Baking sweet potatoes whole in the oven is arguably the easiest way to prepare them (if you're really pressed for time, you can always microwave your sweet potato). Baked sweet potatoes are no-fuss, easy, highly nutritious, and super delicious. Plus, these baked sweet potato recipes are perfect for meal prep during the week.
Serve as a simple dinner side dish or piled high with toppings for a healthy breakfast. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can have Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken Coating.
- Prepare 4 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 2 of Beaten Eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Canola or Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of Distilled White Vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic Salt.
Print Recipe Show ❤ & Comment Jump to. Learn how to bake sweet potatoes perfectly and get my recipe for BBQ chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potato is one of my favorite side dishes. Baking sweet potatoes intensifies their sweetness, so they're pretty much ready to eat as soon as they come out of the oven.
Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven 325°F..
- Rinse chicken breasts in water, then cut into cubes..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Dip chicken into cornstarch to coat then dip into eggs..
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken until browned but not cooked through..
- Place chicken in 9×13 inch greased baking dish..
- Mix all sweet and sour sauce ingredients in bowl with whisk then pour evenly over chicken..
- Bake 1 hour and during baking process, turn chicken every 15 mins..
Fluffy, slightly sweet, and loaded with nutrients, a Baked Sweet Potato makes a delicious side dish or meal. With lots of options for toppings and seasonings, there's bound to be a combination you'll love! Baked sweet potato wedges and garlic aioli have been the love of my life this past week. Actually the second love of my life, as my son and the love of his life, have just had their first baby girl. Baked Sweet potatoes are delicious, healthy and versatile.